The Churches of Britain and Ireland
The previous Baptist Church (1843) is just a few yards away. The congregation seems to have moved to the newer building by 1914. SP 558 973. All © Howard Richter (2011).
Former Congregational Chapel (1865), now a private residence. Another view. SP 558 973. This was the earliest Congregational chapel in the village. It was succeeded (or supplemented) by a second, in use by the mid-1880's. No trace remains. The third is now the U.R.C. The pale-coloured foundation stones to each side of the door, at ground-level, reveal the building date of 1935. SP 557 974. All © Howard Richter (2011).
01 September 2018
© Steve BulmanContact Details