The Churches of Britain and Ireland
St. Elisabeth the New Martyr Orthodox Church (since 2009) was previously the Mortuary Chapel (opened 1883) for Wallasey Cemetery on Rake Lane, Liscard. SJ 307 927. © Mike Berrell (2014). Link1. Link2, which has interior photos from before and after the conversion.
St. Hillary. From an old postcard in Jane Marriott's Collection.
St. Nicholas (1911). The church has its own bells (6) plus two from former churches - one from St. Mary (closed 1974), and one from St. Paul (closed 1948) - link. Two further views - 1, 2. SJ 290 931. All © Martin Richter (2011). Link.
21 June 2018
© Steve BulmanContact Details