The Churches of Britain and Ireland

Uttoxeter, Staffordshire                      

Uttoxeter on Wikipedia.
 

Cemetery Chapels (1861, restored 2003). SK 086 330. Chris Emms (2009). Two further views - 1, 2. The chapel at the left in the latter photo is the Prayer Chapel (two interior views - 1, 2) and on the right is the Chapel of Remembrance (two interior views - 1, 2). All BereniceUK (2010). Grade II listed.

Dove Evangelical Free Church on Stone Road. SK 088 334. Chris Emms (2009). Another view. BereniceUK (2010).

Friends Meeting House to the rear of a property on Carter Street. Built in 1706, it was closed from 1887, re-opening in 1922. SK 090 333. Richard Roberts (2018). Link. Grade II listed.

Methodist Church on High Street was built as Wesleyan in 1812. SK 090 336. John French. Grade II listed.

St. Mary (R.C., 1838-9) on Balance Street is by Augustus Pugin. SK 089 332. Chris Emms (2009). Link. Grade II listed.

St. Mary the Virgin on Church Street. The tower is of the 14th century, with the nave of 1828, and chancel of 1877. The tower is attributed to the master mason Henry Yevele. Another view. SK 093 334. Both John French. Link. Grade II* listed.

St. Mary's on the Heath on Holly Road. SK 088 342. Mike Berrell (2014).

U.R.C. on Carter Street. This was originally Congregational and dates from 1827-8. Messy Church also meets here. SK 091 334. Richard Roberts (2018). Grade II listed.

Uttoxeter Pentecostal Church on High Street, looks suspiciously like a former pub! However, Janet Gimber has discovered that it was originally the Elite Cinema, later a bingo hall, and became the church in 2004. Chris Emms (2009).

 

 

 

 

Home

01 September 2018

Steve Bulman

Contact Details