The Churches of Britain and Ireland
Archive.org has a copy of "The Cornish See and Cathedral" (1901) by Rev. Canon Scadding. It has numerous drawings and photographs, and is available here. Also on the same site is a copy of "The Bishopric of Truro" (1902) by Rev. Aug. B. Donaldson, M.A., available here.
Baptist Church. SW 820 447. © Paul E. Barnett (2015).
The former Bethesda Congregational Chapel on River Street. SW 824 448. © Jo Lewis, who advises that after the chapel closed, it was for a time used as local council offices, but is now a shop. Jo also says that old photos of the chapel show the chapel with two spires - and has supplied this link to a photo on the Royal Cornish Museum website.
Cathedral of the Blessed Virgin Mary. SW 826 449. © Charles Winpenny at http://www.cornwallcam.co.uk/. Another view, © Jim Parker. An old postcard view, from Reg Dosell's Collection. The following are all © James Murray (2009) - another view, an interior view, and a side chapel. A Celtic Cross stands nearby - according to Wikipedia it was "recently unearthed". © Paul E. Barnett (2014). Link. Grade I listed.
Former Chapel on St. Mary's Quay, now used as Truro Cathedral offices. SW 827 448. © Paul E. Barnett (2016).
Coinage Hall - not a place of worship, but John Wesley preached on this site on several occasions, from 1776. © Paul E. Barnett (2018).
The former Convent of the Epiphany (1910) at Alverton House on Tregolls Road, with the associated house, is now a hotel. SW 832 451. © Paul E. Barnett (2017).
The former Ebenezer Methodist Chapel (1834) on Castle Street, now in commercial use. It became a Methodist New Connexion Chapel in 1841. It was still in use as a chapel at least until 1906, as baptismal records exist for that date. SW 823 449. © Jo Lewis.
Epiphany House is now run as a retreat and conference centre, and was previously been Kenwyn vicarage, a bishop's residence, a school and a convent. The chapel (two interior views - 1, 2) has many items which were moved from Alverton Convent. SW 821 458. Both © Jo Lewis. Link.
Gospel Church. SW 823 448. © Paul E. Barnett (2014).
The former Grampound Road Mission Church. © Jo Lewis.
Lemon Chapel on William Street. SW 826 445. © Paul E. Barnett (2015).
The former Malpas Methodist Chapel, now converted to residential use. © Jo Lewis.
Former Methodist Church (identified by Janet Gimber) on St. Clement's Street, now in commercial use. SW 827 450. © Paul E. Barnett (2014).
St. Mary. SW 823 453. © Paul E. Barnett (2014).
The former St. Paul's Chapel on Agar Road was built as a chapel of rest, and was later the Church Hall for St. Paul (above). It has recently been converted for residential use. SW 830 450. © Jo Lewis. Grade II listed.
Trafalgar Christian Congregation on St, Clements Street. SW 828 449. © Paul E. Barnett (2014).
Truro Cemetery Chapel. SW 833 446. © Paul E. Barnett (2017).
Truro Hospital Chapel. SW 796 452. © Paul E. Barnett (2017).
03 November 2018
© Steve BulmanContact Details