The Churches of Britain and Ireland
The former Congregational Church (1839-40) on Victoria Road. The National Archive website references documentation relating to the church up to 2012. SX 9668 8808. © P. L. Kessler / The History Files. Grade II listed.
The former Friends Meeting House on Majorfield Road. They vacated the building by 1811, and it was subsequently Majorfield Wesleyan Methodist Meeting. They in their turn left in the mid-1860's (to their newly-built St. Nicholas Church - see below), and the building was converted into a school. It's now in residential use. © P. L. Kessler / The History Files.
Gospel Church on Fore Street. Peter Kessler suspects that it is post-WWII. SX 965 882. © Andrew Ross.
The former Victoria Chapel (Presbyterian) was opened circa 1727, and it had closed by 1930. It was subsequently home to a Catholic congregation, but is now in residential use. © P. L. Kessler / The History Files.
10 June 2020
© Steve BulmanContact Details