The Churches of Britain and Ireland
|Timperley, Greater Manchester
Brethren's Meeting Room (Exclusive Brethren), on Brook Lane. SJ 774 889. © Mike Berrell.
Holy Cross (CoE, 2001) on Park Road. The part of the building at the exteme left was St. Catherine's, built in 1969, which became the church hall in 2001, when Holy Cross opened. Part of St. Catherine has been retained as The Chapel of St. Andrew and St. Catherine. This also carries on the name of St. Andrew, which had closed in 1999, and the joining of the congregations. The font is from St. Andrew's. Interior view. SJ 781 896. Both © Mike Berrell. Link.
Newstead Christian Church, on Newstead Terrace. SJ 777 893. © Mike Berrell.
St. Hugh and St. John (R.C.) on St. Hugh's Close was originally named St. Hugh of Lincoln. Interior view. The former church building now serves as the church hall. SJ 770 899. All © Mike Berrell. Interior view, taken in 1932, soon after the former church was built. It was preceded for a few months at the end of 1931 by a house-chapel - here is the altar. Both reproduced by kind permission of Margaret Ellis, the Church Secretary, and the efforts of Mike Berrell.
21 June 2018
© Steve Bulman