The Churches of Britain and Ireland
Thurlstone, South Yorkshire
A former Primitive Methodist Chapel, known as Beautiful Zion, of 1864 stands close to St. Saviour, at SE 2278 0337. Its successor, Thurlstone & Millhouse Green Methodist Church (for which, see below) is dated to 1914, so presumably this is when the P.M. chapel was closed. © Gerard Charmley (2022).
Providence Strict Baptist Chapel on Work Bank Lane. SE 2328 0379. © Gerard Charmley (2013). Recently re-furbished, advises Gerard, who on a recent visit took another view and two of the interior - 1, 2. All © Gerard Charmley (2022). It had a very small predecessor of circa 1828, also Providence (with the chimney), which stands in the grounds of Providence House, serving as a garden shed. SE 2326 0395. © Gerard Charmley (2022).
An earlier Wesleyan Methodist Chapel (and later Wesleyan Reform) has long been converted to a residence. It stands on Work Bank Lane at SE 2345 0372. © Gerard Charmley (2022).
04 March 2023
© Steve BulmanContact Details