The Churches of Britain and Ireland
Former Chapel, on Marsh Road, now in secular use. Marked on old maps as Chapel, or from the 1907 edition, Presbyterian, there is information on the web saying that this was Marsh Road Calvinistic Methodist Sunday School. So did the chapel become redundant, and then get used as a Sunday School, or were the maps wrong? SN 121 005. © Mike Berrell.
Christadelphian Hall on Lower Park Road. SN 129 006. © Mike Berrell.
Deer Park Baptist Church on Greenhill Road. SN 133 005. © Mike Berrell. Another view. Gerard advises that although the church dates from 1885, the Baptist cause here goes back to 1830. © Gerard Charmley (2010).
The former Frog Street Chapel was originally Congregational, but was taken over by the Calvinistic Methodists in the mid 19th century. Closed in 1995, it's now a childrens' activity centre. © Gerard Charmley (2010).
Holyrood and St. Teilo (R.C.), on St. Florence Parade, undergoing renovation. SN 134 003. © Mike Berrell. Another view - post-renovation. Gerard advises that the church was originally physically connected to a convent, and the broken wall shows where this was. © Gerard Charmley (2010). Mike Berrell has advised that the convent is now (2011) a Guest House and Restaurant. Three interior views - 1, 2, 3, all © Mike Berrell (2011). The former convent, now in commercial use. © Janet Gimber (2015).
Salvation Army, formerly Ebenezer Chapel (1815) on Upper Park Road. SN 133 005. © Mike Berrell.
01 September 2018
© Steve BulmanContact Details