The Churches of Britain and Ireland
Stretford, Greater Manchester
All Saints on Barton Road. SJ 787 951. © Mike Berrell.
Church of God of Prophecy, the Beacon Centre, Great Stone Road. SJ 811 952. © Mike Berrell (2015).
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on Chester Road. SJ 800 950. © Mike Berrell.Faizan-e-Islam Educational and Cultural Organisation on Ayres Road, Firswood. SJ 813 955. © Mike Berrell (2015).
Gospel Hall (Christian Brethren) on Derbyshire Lane. SJ 799 948. © Mike Berrell.
Iglesia Ni Cristo - Church of Christ, Manchester Congregation on Edge Lane and Kenwood Road was built as Union Chapel (Baptist). A close-up of the plaque above the central window. SJ 803 942. Both © Mike Berrell (2012). It was previously in use as the Rylands Hall St. Vincent Housing Association, © Mike Berrell.
Martin Luther Kirche (German Protestant) on Park Road. SJ 791 946. © Mike Berrell.
The Old Chapel (CoE) was in use from 1718 to 1842, when it was succeeded by the then new St. Matthew. Approximate location SJ 795 942. This old photo is from "Old Stretford" by Sir Bosdin Leech (1910), courtesy of Mike Berrell.
St. Francis (Christian Spiritualist) off Edge Lane. Formerly the Brethren's Meeting Room (Exclusive Brethren). SJ 798 943. © Mike Berrell.
Salvation Army on Brunswick Street. SJ 795 939. © Mike Berrell.
Stretford Cemetery Chapel. SJ 797 938. © Mike Berrell.
The former Wesleyan Methodist Chapel which stood on Chester Road, in use from 1844 to ca. 1860, when it was replaced by the Union Chapel (above). This is believed to be the only illustration in existence, and was taken from an old school mug. Approximate location SJ 795 945. Illustration is from "Old Stretford" by Sir Bosdin Leech (1910), courtesy of Mike Berrell.
15 February 2018
© Steve BulmanContact Details