The Churches of Britain and Ireland
St. Andrew's Baptist Church on South Street. NO 509 166. © Susan Sinclair. Another view. © Jim Parker. Jim advises that there is a sign saying that Sunday Services are now held in Madras College. Their website explains that other services are still held in this building.
Gospel Hall on Market Street. © Jim Parker.
Holy Trinity (CoS), on an old postcard (franked 1907), from Geoff Watt's Collection. Previously shown as another view of Hope Park Church, thanks to John Sutherland for pointing out the error. A modern view. The tower. Both © Alan Craxford. This interior view (from Susie Larsen's postcard collection) was previously in the "Unknown" section. My appreciation to Phil Draper for supplying the identification! Link.
Kingdom Vineyard Church hold their Sunday Services in the Cosmos Community Centre, on Abbey Walk. © Jim Parker.
Mansefield on St. Mary's Place is owned by the University of St. Andrew's, and is used by a number of groups for worship, and houses the University Chaplaincy, and also includes a Muslim Prayer Room. © Jim Parker (2011). Link.
Martyrs Church (CoS). NO 513 168. © Susan Sinclair.
St. Andrew's Free Church met at Boys Brigade Hall on Kinnesburn Road from 2004 until 2009. Link. Since then (see link) they have met at the Baptist Church on South Street and Hope Park Church. © Jim Parker (2011).
The former St. Mary (CoS), which is now the Victory Memorial Hall. NO 505 167. © Susan Sinclair.
St. Salvator's College Chapel, dedicated to Our Saviour. Thanks to John Sutherland for advising the appropriate rendition for this church's dedication. From an old postcard (franked 1908), in Steve Bulman's Collection. A modern view. The tower. Both © Alan Craxford. Link.
Salvation Army Church. NO 513 168. © Susan Sinclair.
Society of Friends (Quaker) Meeting House on Rose Lane, Initially rented and later bought, it was used for meetings from 1967 - 1982, when they moved to South Street (see below). © Jim Parker (2011). Link.
Society of Friends (Quaker) Meeting House on South Street. A first floor flat was used for meeting from 1982 - 1993, when they moved to Howard Place (see above). Another view. Both © Jim Parker (2011). Link.
See also Buckhaven. The church of St. Andrew there originally stood in St. Andrews, and was physically moved to Buckhaven.
04 November 2015
© Steve BulmanContact Details