The Churches of Britain and Ireland
|Sedgley, West Midlands
All Saints, on Vicar Street. © John French. An old postcard view, from Reg Dosell's Collection. Another view, and interior view, both © Dennis Harper in 2005 and 2003 respectively. The altar and font, both © Dennis Harper (2013). Link. Grade C listed.
Hope Strict Baptist Chapel on Arcal Street. © Dennis Harper (2011).
The former Mount Tabor Methodist New Connexion Chapel (1859) on Sedgley Road, Woodsetton. © Dennis Harper (2011).
St. Andrew on Bilston Street. © John French. Two interior views - 1, 2, the South Window (ecclesiastical East), and the tiny font, all © Dennis Harper (2011). Dennis Harper advises that this was originally Congregational. When the High Street Wesleyan Methodist Church was closed and demolished in the early 1980's, the congregation moved to St. Andrew, which then became combined U.R.C. and Methodist. The vicar at the church is U.R.C. for 4 years, alternating with a Methodist vicar for the next four years, and so on. A later photo shows that a new glass-panelled entrance has been made into the church, behind which is a cafe operating outside of service hours. © Dennis Harper (2014).
St. Chad and All Saints (R.C.) at High Holborn. © John French. Two further views - 1, 2, both © Dennis Harper (2008). Two interior views - 1, 2, the altar and font, all © Dennis Harper (2013). Grade II listed.
The former Tipton Street Methodist Church was originally Primitive Methodist. It dates from 1857, is due to be converted into offices. © John French. Another view. and an interior view, both © Dennis Harper (2003). Link.
The former Sedgley Full Gospel Church on Bilston Street. Another view. Both © Dennis Harper (2005). Dennis has advised that the building is now in use by a design firm. The congregation now meet at Sedgley Community Church (above).
Woodsetton Methodist Church. © Dorothy Turley.
17 February 2018
© Steve Bulman