The Churches of Britain and Ireland
|Sculcoates, Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
Sculcoates on Wikipedia (a very brief entry).
The former Holiness Hall on Princes Road is currently (2011) for sale. Built as Bethshan Chapel ("Bethshan" inscribed stone is visible behind the "Holiness Hall" sign. © Stuart Leadley (2011).
Hull Citadel, Salvation Army Community Church, on Beverley Road. TA 091 296. © James Murray.
Millennium Harvest Church on Beverley Road, previously Glad Tidings Hall (Pentecostal), and originally Methodist New Connexion. TA 088 304. © James Murray.
Mosque and Islamic Centre on Berkeley Street. © Stuart Leadley (2011).
The former Chapel of St. Gregory's R.C. School on Scott Street is now in use as a motor mechanic's. © Stuart Leadley (2011).
St. Paul (All Saints Parish) on Bridlington Avenue; replaced an earlier church on the same site. TA 095 296. © James Murray.
St. Stephen (All Saints Parish) on Spring Bank. Built as Jubilee Methodist Church. TA 088 295. © James Murray.
St. Vincent de Paul (R.C.) on Queens Road. TA 085 306. © James Murray.
The former Trafalgar Street Church on Beverley Road is redundant, having closed in 2000. It was built in 1904 as a Baptist Church, but at some point became Evangelical. Part of the site, which was formerly the Sunday School, has been converted into flats, and discussions are on-going for the sale of the rest of the building, possibly to a performing arts group. TA 090 295. © James Murray. Stuart Leadley has advised that the building was sold in late 2010, but in 2011 was up for sale again. Grade II listed.
04 November 2015
© Steve BulmanContact Details