The Churches of Britain and Ireland
|Porth, Rhondda Cynon Taff
All photos © Gervase N. E. Charmley.
Although previously listed as the former Bethlehem Calvinistic Methodist Church, David Bolton has advised that Bethlehem stood in the yard visible in this photo. The present building was the former Primitive Methodist Chapel. It is now a nightclub.
Calfaria Calvinistic Methodist Church. Another view. In the original there is an inscription visible in the roundel just below the apex of the roof - although a little indistinct, it looks like it was built in 1831.
The Gatehouse Church, formerly the Ebenezer Welsh Wesleyan Methodist Church, dating from 1903.
The former Porth Salvation Army Citadel.
The tiny Porth Spiritualist Church.
Porth U.R.C. Gervase suspects that this may be a re-fronted older building.
St. Paul (CiW), the parish church.
No longer recognisable as having been a church, the former English Wesleyan Chapel is now flats.
01 November 2015
© Steve Bulman