The Churches of Britain and Ireland

 

Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot     

Port Talbot on Wikipedia.
 

Churches in Aberavon, Margam, Sandfields, Taibach.

The former Bethany Presbyterian Church (disused) on Station Road. Gerard Charmley. Another view. Jim Parker.

Presumably the above church was replaced by Carmel Bethany Presbyterian Church of Wales  on Riverside. Jim Parker. Another view. Gerard Charmley (2011). Gerard advises that he thinks the church was constructed for the merging of two congregations, not just as a new building for Carmel.

Church of St. Mary the Virgin (CiW) on St. Mary's Place. Another view. Both Jim Parker. Link.

Ebenezer Welsh Baptist Chapel. Gerard Charmley. Another view. Gerard Charmley (2011).

Gospel Hall on Ynys Street. Jim Parker.

Grange Street Congregational Church. Jim Parker.

Grove Place Calvinistic Methodist Church. Gerard Charmley. Another view. Jim Parker.

Holy Cross Church on Tan-y-Groes Street was originally known as Margam Chapel-of-Ease. Another view. Both Jim Parker. Link.

Riverside English Baptist Church. Gerard Charmley. Another view. Jim Parker.

St. Agnes (CiW) on Forge Road. Gerard Charmley. Another view. Jim Parker. Link.

St. Theodore (CiW) on Talbot Road. Another view. Both Jim Parker. Link.

Saron Chapel (Calvinistic Methodist, 1936) on Pen-y-Cae Road. Jim Parker.

Seventh-day Adventist Church on Dan-y-Bryn Road. Jim Parker.

Tabernacle Welsh Independent Chapel on Forge Road. Gerard Charmley.

The former Trinity Methodist Church on Ty-Draw Street, currently (2009) being converted into flats. Jim Parker.


Aberavon
Bethlehem Evangelical Church on Ysguthan Road. Another view. Both Jim Parker. Link.
St. Joseph (R.C.) on Church Street. Jim Parker.
St. Paul (CiW) on Victoria Road. Jim Parker. Mike Berrell advised in early 2017 that this church has been made redundant. It seems to have been replaced by St. Paul's Centre on Gerald Street, mentioned here.
Salem Congregational Church on Sandfields Road. Another view. Both Jim Parker.

Margam
The former Bethel Calvinistic Methodist chapel, which was extended at some point (see the rendered part of the building). It closed in 1995, damaged in a fire, and subsequently converted into the private residence it is today. On Water Street at SS 807 831. Gerard Charmley (2010).
Beulah Chapel (Calvinistic Methodist), Tollgate Park. Originally built in Groes in 1836, it was dismantled and re-built here in 1976 to allow construction of the M4. Another view. Both Jim Parker.
Church of Our Lady of Margam (R.C.) on Margam Road. Jim Parker.
The Parish Church is the nave of the former Cistercian Abbey. Gerard Charmley (2010). Another view, Jim Parker. The remains of the Abbey's Chapter House stand nearby. Another view. Both Jim Parker. Link1. Link2.
Margam Road Evangelical Church. Jim Parker.
St. David (CiW) on Ty-Fry Road. Another view. Both Jim Parker.

Sandfields
Elim Pentecostal Church on Dalton Road. Jim Parker.
Fitzclarence Presbyterian Church of Wales on Western Avenue. Jim Parker.
Holy Trinity Church (CIW) on Fairway. Jim Parker. Link.
St. Therese of Lisieux (R.C.). on Southdown Road. Another view. Both Jim Parker.
Sandfields Methodist Church on Western Avenue. Another view. Both Jim Parker.

Taibach
The former Dyffryn Chapel (Welsh Calvinistic Methodist),  Ffrwdwyllt Cottages, now disused. Jim Parker.
Gibeon Congregational Church, Smyrna Cottages. Another view. Both Jim Parker.
Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, Smyrna Cottages. Jim Parker.
Smyrna Baptist Chapel on Commercial Road. Jim Parker.
The disused Smyrna Baptist Chapel, Smyrna Cottages. Jim Parker.
Taibach Wesley Chapel (1892) on Incline Row. Another view. Both Jim Parker.

 

 

 

 
 

Home

19 February 2017

Steve Bulman

Contact Details