The Churches of Britain and Ireland
The former Bible Christian Chapel of 1866, on Lower Street. SW 7831 3451. © Paul E. Barnett (2015). It had a predecessor (1830-1866) a little way further east on Lower Street, mentioned here in a good history of the denomination in Penryn. Unfortunately the map provided at the bottom isn't precise enough to locate the earlier chapel exactly, and it doesn't show on any available maps.
Possibly a spurious entry - Chapel Lecture Theatre in Falmouth University. It doesn't seem to be on the site of a chapel, so are services held here as well as lectures? SW 7704 3478. © Paul E. Barnett (2022).
The former Congregational Chapel on New Street. SW 7860 3441. © Paul E. Barnett (2022).
A converted Methodist Chapel stands just north of Lower Treluswell, about a mile north-west of Penryn, at SW 7758 3605. It was originally Wesleyan, and is dated here to no later than 1880, closing in 1954. © Paul E. Barnett (2022).
04 March 2023
© Steve BulmanContact Details