The Churches of Britain and Ireland

 

Pembroke Dock, Pembrokeshire

Pembroke Dock on Wikipedia.

A useful list of Pembroke Dock's churches.
 

Churches at Llanion.

Pennar Community Church was, until the closure of Gilgal (see below), known as Bethany Baptist Chapel. On High Street, it was built in 1818, and re-built 1877. Two interior views - 1, 2. SM 963 029. All Mike Berrell.

Bethel Baptist Church, on Bush St. Three interior views - 1, 2, 3. SM 966 032. Mike Berrell wrote in 2009 - "Opened June 1845 but in November 1872 a terrible gale stripped a part of the roof rendering the building unsafe. The present chapel was opened in February 1875. However, massive repairs are now needed and the chapel cannot be used. The congregation meets in a room at the rear. Cadw and the local Council are insisting the lantern be preserved but it is pushing down on the roof." All Mike Berrell.

Dockyard Chapel (1834) on Meyrick Owen Way and Admiralty Way. Now in secular use. SM 962 035. Mike Berrell. Link.

The former Gershom Chapel on Queen Street. Calvinistic Methodist from 1838, then Primitive Methodist from 1866, it is now in commercial use. SM 967 036. Mike Berrell (2010).

The former Gilgal Baptist Chapel (1862 and 1881) on Nelson Street, Pennar, currently (2010) up for sale. Three interior views - 1, 2, 3. SM 962 025. All Mike Berrell (2010).

The former Old Convent (R.C.) on Melville Street is now in secular use. SM 963 034. Mike Berrell (2010).

St. Andrew on Bush Street (Presbyterian). Two interior views - 1, 2, and a window. SM 968 032. All Mike Berrell.

St. John the Evangelist on Church Street (CiW). Interior view. SM 967 033. Both Mike Berrell. Another interior view, Mike Berrell (2011). Link.

St. Mary (R.C.), on Meyrick St. Interior view. SM 966 034. Both Mike Berrell. Link.

The former St. Peter's Congregational Chapel and Sunday School on Chapel Road, Llanreath, now in residential use. Opened 1883 and closed in the early 1970's. SM 951 033. Mike Berrell (2010).

Spiritualist Church, Queen St. Interior view. SM 966 036. Both Mike Berrell. Link.

Trinity U.R.C. and Methodist Church (1851), originally Congregational, on Meyrick Street. Three interior views - 1, 2, 3. SM 967 032. All Mike Berrell (2010).

The former Wesley Chapel (1870) on Nelson Street, Pennar, now in secular use. SM 962 025. Mike Berrell (2011).

Zion Free Church (Wesleyan/Primitive Methodist, 1848) on Lower Meyrick Street. Three interior views - 1, 2, 3 - and the total immersion font. Mike advises that he was given a very warm welcome here, and that the minister and helpers are rightly proud of the work they have undertaken to repair and improve the building. SM 965 032. Both Mike Berrell.

A park has been made out an old cemetery on Park Street. It must have gone out of use prior to 1974. Did it have an associated chapel? SM 965 032. Mike Berrell (2010).


Llanion
Cemetery Chapel on London Road (1869). Another view. The cemetery also contains another chapel. Presumably one is CiW and the other non-conformist - but which is which? SM 979 035. All Mike Berrell.
Former Garrison Chapel on Essex Road. Now in secular use. SM 971 040. Mike Berrell (2010).
Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses on Devonshire Road. Interior view. SM 974 041. Both Mike Berrell (2010).
Former chapel of the Plymouth Brethren on Western Way/London Road roundabout, now in secular use. SM 970 038. Mike Berrell (2010).
St. Teilo Mission (Church in Wales). SM 978 035. Mike Berrell. Interior view. Mike Berrell (2010). During repairs for dry rot in 2003-4, the adjacent church hall was used for services. Interior view. Both Mike Berrell (2010).

 

 
 

Home

01 November 2015

Steve Bulman

Contact Details