The Churches of Britain and Ireland
Rectorial Benefice website has photos of numerous Pembrokeshire churches.
Churches in Monkton.
Apostolic Church, on Station Road. SM 993 012. © Mike Berrell.
The former Baptist Chapel on East Back (off Main Street), now in secular use. SM 988 014. © Mike Berrell.
Former Methodist Chapel on Castle Back. SM 984 015. © Mike Berrell.
Mortuary Chapel (1895) in St. Michael's Cemetery on Upper Lamphey Road. SM 997 011. © Mike Berrell (2012).
St. Michael and All Angels. From Reg Dosell's Collection, and previously in the "Unknown" section, this postcard is by a Pembroke photographer, and was identified by Janet Gimber. She advises that it was largely re-built in 1835 and again in 1887. It seems likely that the postcard photograph was taken before 1887. A modern view, and two interior views - 1, 2, all © Mike Berrell (2010). Link1. Link2. Mike Berrell advised in early 2017 that this church has been made redundant.
Salvation Army Hall, on The Green and Woodbine Avenue. © Martyn Clements.
Former Wesleyan Chapel on New Way. The York Tavern served as Cromwell's HQ during the Civil War. The chapel in the grounds was used by John Wesley as a preaching centre, and is currently up for sale. SM 986 013. © Mike Berrell.
19 February 2017
© Steve BulmanContact Details