The Churches of Britain and Ireland
The former Congregational Church (1822) on Cromwell Place. Judy advises that it was replaced by a modern U.R.C. in circa 1960. From an old postcard in Judy Flynn's Collection.
St. Joseph (R.C.) on London Road. Judy advises that the current church was built "side by side with the old church", in which case the old church may be the building now serving as the parish hall (photo here) which stands in the church grounds. Interior view of the old church. Both from old postcards in Judy Flynn's Collection. Link.
01 November 2015
© Steve BulmanContact Details