The Churches of Britain and Ireland

  Milton, Kent


Guru Nanak Sikh Temple at Milton. TQ 648 734.  Dave Westrap. The Temple was from 1873 to 1955 the Milton Congregational Church, seen here in an old postcard from the T. Larkin Collection. From 1955 until 1968 it was used as a warehouse, then it became the Sri Guru Nanak Darbar Gurdwara.

Milton Chantry, now a Historical Heritage Centre. TQ 652 743. Dave Westrap. Link1. Link2. Link3.

St. Peter & St. Paul, Milton Parish Church, dates from the 14th century, and was rebuilt in the 18th century. A composite photo (the church is very uncooperative to photographers). TQ 658 738. Dave Westrap. View1, View2. Both are scans of old postcards, kindly supplied by Dave Westrap. The first dates from about 1905-6, the second to 1926. Link.

 

 

 

 
 

Home

01 November 2015

Steve Bulman

Contact Details