The Churches of Britain and Ireland
U.R.C. Originally the Old Independent Chapel, built in the late 1700's, the congregation moved to a new larger building - the New Congregational Chapel - in the mid 1850's. About 100 years later, they moved back into the original chapel, and the New Chapel was demolished. The New Chapel graveyard remains. Link. The book advertised on the village website contains more on the New Chapel. All © Alan Craxford, except the New Congregational Chapel, which is reproduced with kind permission of the Melbourn History Group.
01 November 2015
© Steve BulmanContact Details