The Churches of Britain and Ireland
|Marske, North Yorkshire
Methodist Church on Hummershill Lane. Another view. The present building dates from circa 1966. The previous building, of circa 1860, can be partly seen here (external website). NZ 638 222. Both © Martin Richter (2014). Link.
St. Mark (see below) was built to replace St. Germain's, of which only the tower now remains. Already in use only as a mortuary chapel by the time of the 1894 OS map, the rest of the church was demolished in 1955-6 or 1960 depending on the source consulted. NZ 640 226. © Martin Richter (2014). Grade II listed. This link has some useful history, photos and newspaper cuttings.
01 September 2018
© Steve BulmanContact Details