The Churches of Britain and Ireland
|Longsight, Greater Manchester
The Church of God of Prophecy, formerly the United Methodist Church, on Dickenson Road, dated 1907. SJ 866 954. © Mike Berrell. Mike reports (2016) that this church building is now in secular use.
Darus Salam Mosque on Slade Lane. SJ 871 951. © Mike Berrell (2010).
The former Free Christian Church (Unitarian, 1866-1950, then a garage used by the BBC, and subsequently demolished), on Birch Lane. SN 864 958. Reproduced by kind permission of David Boardman.
Iqra Mosque (Sufi - Bareilvi) on Pink Bank Lane. SJ 8744 9558. © Mike Berrell (2015).
Ithad-Ul-Muslimeen Mosque (Sufi - Bareilvi) on Duncan Road. SJ 867 951. © Mike Berrell (2011).
The former Ivy Congregational Church (1853-1933, demolished in the 1960's). Many old chapels are of little architectural interest, but the loss of this one is very sad. Reproduced by kind permission of David Boardman.
Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses on Redgate Lane. SJ 871 960. © Mike Berrell (2010).
Life Changing International Ministry on Linnet Close. SJ 865 960. © Mike Berrell (2010).
Makki Masjid - Jamiat Ahle Hadith Mosque on Beresford Road. SJ 867 949. © Mike Berrell (2015).
The former Presbyterian Church (1870-1967, subsequently demolished) on Stockport Road. SJ 863 960. Reproduced by kind permission of David Boardman.
Qadria Jilanra Islamic (S & E), formerly St. John, on St. John's Rd. SJ 866 955. © Mike Berrell.
Russian Orthodox Stavropegic Church of the Intercession of the Holy Virgin and of the Holy New Martyrs and Confessors of Russia on Clarence Road, originally built 1952 and re-built 2005. This has to the longest title on the website so far!!. SJ 864 957. © Rob Brettle. Another view, and an interior view, both © Mike Berrell. Link1. Link2.
St. Joseph's Home (Little Sisters of the Poor), on Plymouth Grove West, showing the chapel. © Mike Berrell (2010).
The former St. Robert (R.C., 1970, now demolished) on Hamilton Road. SJ 868 951. Copyright, and reproduced by kind permission of, Graham Todd.
Orthodox Church of the Assumption of the Mother of God (R.C.) on
Plymouth Grove West, now in secular use. SJ 8615 9617. © Mike Berrell
The former Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, dating from 1911, Northmoor Road (formerly North Road). Window. The old church now serves as the church hall, a new church having been built alongside. Interior view. SJ 873 953. All © Mike Berrell.
The former Wesleyan Methodist Church (1860-1967, subsequently demolished), on Stockport Road. SJ 863 960. Reproduced by kind permission of Graham Todd.
03 July 2016
© Steve Bulman