The Churches of Britain and Ireland
Broad Street Spiritualist Church, on Broad Street. In Long Eaton since 1923, the current building dates from 1975. SK 488 533. © Richard Roberts (2013).
The former Bourne Chapel (Primitive Methodist) on West Gate (which was originally Bourne Street) and Orchard Street, is now the Chatsworth Arts Centre. Another view. It is currently unclear how much of the original chapel remains - can you advise?. SK 461 334. Both © Richard Roberts (2013). Hugh Bourne was one of the founders of Primitive Methodism.
Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses on New Tythe Street. SK 495 334. Built circa 1991, it replaced an earlier Kingdom Hall on the same site. © Richard Roberts (2013).
Oasis Christian Centre (Elim Pentecostal) on Derby Road was originally Bethel Methodist Church, built 1903-4 to the designs of George Baines. SK 486 339. © Richard Roberts (2013).
St. Francis of Assisi (R.C.). © Aidan McRae Thomson.
The former St. James Mission Church (1886) on Tamworth Road and St. John's Street is now used as a dental practise. SK 488 332. © Richard Roberts (2013).
St. John the Evangelist (1922; architect Sir Charles Nicholson) on College Street and Canal Street. SK 483 345. © Richard Roberts (2013).
The former St. John's Baptist Chapel (1895) on Chamber Street has been New Testament Church of God since 2000. SJ 488 330. © Richard Roberts (2013).
St. Lawrence. © Aidan McRae Thomson.
St. Mary (chapel of ease) at New Sawley. © Aidan McRae Thomson.
Salvation Army (Long Eaton Corps) on New Street. Although present in Long Eaton from 1880, the present building dates from 1901. SK 493 336. © Richard Roberts (2013).
Sawley Methodist Church. © Aidan McRae Thomson.
Trinity Methodist Church (2004) on Cross Street and Waverley Street stands on the site of a Wesleyan Chapel of 1880. SK 493 335. © Richard Roberts (2013).
The former United Gospel Mission on Chapel Street originally stood on Midland Street. Built in 1901-2 it was a Railway Mission. It is now in industrial use. SK 493 333. © Richard Roberts (2013).
U.R.C. on The Green, Nottingham Road, was originally Congregational (1875). SK 491 338. © Richard
31 October 2015
© Steve BulmanContact Details