The Churches of Britain and Ireland
|Long Buckby, Northamptonshire
The former Bethel Chapel on The Banks. This shows on the 1885 O.S. map as Chapel (Nonconformist). Information regarding this chapel is scarce. Ownership was transferred to the Parish Council in 1932, and it was subsequently used as a Parish Room. Another view. Both © Howard Richter (2014).
A short-lived Evangelical church was set up in a former shoe factory on Skin Yard Lane which had closed in 1980. After just a few years it too closed, and was changed into a nursery, which it remains. SP 6298 6751. © Howard Richter (2014).
St. Lawrence on Church Street. Another view, and the porch. Older visitors to the website may remember "Professor" Stanley Unwin, who lived in the village, and is buried here. SP 637 677. All © Howard Richter (2014). Link1. Link2. Grade II* listed.
21 June 2018
© Steve BulmanContact Details