The Churches of Britain and Ireland
|Long Ashton, Somerset
Church of the Ascension (CoE, 1961). ST 5374 7032. © Carole Sage (2016), who advises that this is also known as Keedwell Church.
The former Congregational church (1892) on Long Ashton Road was later U.R.C., and is now converted to residential use. Thanks to Jon Mayled for advising its former denomination. ST 5505 7088. © Andrew Ross. Two additional views - 1, 2, both © Carole Sage (2016). The previous Congregational Church (1792-1891) is also now residential. ST 5526 7117. © Carole Sage (2016).
The former Zionhill Chapel (Brethren) on Providence Lane. It pre-dates the 1882/3 O.S, map, closed after WWII, was subsequently used for many years as the village Scouts H.Q., but has been unused in recent years The chapel itself is only the nearest part of the present building, gable-end to the road. ST 53758 70721. © Carole Sage (2017).
27 November 2017
© Steve BulmanContact Details