The Churches of Britain and Ireland
A useful site for Llandudno churches
Churches in Llanrhos.
Cemetery Chapel, below Great Orme's Head. © Stuart Mackrell.
Holy Trinity (Church in Wales) on Trinity Square, Mostyn Street. SH 783 821. © Martin Briscoe. Another view. © Dave Westrap. Another view, © Richard Camp. Interior view, © Cath Hamilton. Four interior views - 1, 2, 3, 4, the altar, the two fonts - one stone and one wooden, all © Dennis Harper (2015). Link.
Independent Chapel on Lloyd Street. The board reads "Capel Yr Annibynwyr". SH 781 823. © Martin Briscoe.
The former St. George (1840-2002), on Church Walks, now in secular use. SH 777 825. © Martin Briscoe.
Salem Christadelphian Hall on Mostyn Broadway. SH 787 821. © Alan Blacklock (2010).
Seilo Chapel on Arvon Avenue and Gloddaeth Street. The board reads "SEILO, EGLWYS UNEDIG GYMRAEG", while the original inscription over the door says "SILOH ADDOLDY Y METHODISTIAID CALFINAIDD". SH 779 825. © Martin Briscoe. Another view. © Alan Blacklock (2010).
Synagogue on Church Walks. Also used as a retreat by the Chabad-Lubavitch movement. © Eric Jones.
Previously listed as a possible former Synagogue on Mosytn Street, Eric Jones has kindly pointed out that the Star of David has 6 points, rather than 5 as here. And Mike Berrell has provided confirmation that this is a Masonic Hall. © Steve Bulman.
West Shore Baptist Church on Great Ormes Road. SH 775 816. © Martin Briscoe.
The former Y Tabernacl (Welsh Baptist) on Upper Mostyn Street dates from 1875, though the congregation had been in existence since 1813. Latterly home to the United Welsh Congregation, it ceased to be used as a church in 2006, and is to be the home to the Llandudno Heritage Centre. SH 780 827. © Martin Briscoe. Another view. © Steve Bulman. A view of the fine interior, © Richard Camp.
31 October 2015
© Steve BulmanContact Details