The Churches of Britain and Ireland
Kensal Green and Kensal Rise, Greater London
Charisma Christian Centre. © Gervase N. E. Charmley.
Church of the Transfiguration (R.C.). See also the Methodist Church (below). © Gervase N. E. Charmley.
Kensal Evangelical Church. © Gervase N. E. Charmley.
Kensal Rise Baptist Church is hexagonal, and built on the site of a much larger Victorian chapel. © Gervase N. E. Charmley.
Kensal Rise Methodist Church. This building was originally the schoolroom for the Methodist Church, which was sold to the Roman Catholic Church (see above) in 1977. © Gervase N. E. Charmley.
Former Mission Hall on Pember Road and Wellington Road. It pre-dates 1893, when plans were approved to add a vestry (see Middlesex Courier for 1 Dec 1893). It seems to have been a mission from St. John the Evangelist in Kensal Green. © Gervase N. E. Charmley.
Our Lady of the Holy Souls (R.C.). © Gervase N. E. Charmley.
St. John, the parish church. © Gervase N. E. Charmley.
St. Mark was built in 1914, but the front looks younger. Perhaps another victim of WWII? In fact, advises Howard Richter, the building as originally constructed had a corrugated iron west front, as the project lacked sufficient funds. The present frontage was added in 1968. Another view. An earlier church stood on the same site. Dedicated in 1903, it was smaller, and was on a different alignment. TQ 2263 8311. Both © Gervase N. E. Charmley. Link. Streetview.
10 March 2019
© Steve BulmanContact Details