The Churches of Britain and Ireland
|Inveraray, Argyll & Bute
Inverary was laid out as a model village by the
Duke of Argyll.
Free Church at Newtown (also at one-time a Masonic Hall). NN 094 081. © Martin Briscoe.
Glenaray and Inverary Parish Church. © Martin Briscoe. Jim Napier advises that this church was originally built as two churches, back to back. What is now the church hall was originally the Gaelic-speaking church. The current church was originally the Lowland (English-speaking) church.
The former St. Malieu Hall at Newtown. The plaque reads "Saint Malieu Hall. Built in 1836 for the secession congregation of the United Associate Synod. In 1847 joined to form the United Presbyterian Church. Closed for worship in 1898 to become a Ceilidh Place. House conversion began in 1998". © Martin Briscoe.
21 June 2018
© Steve BulmanContact Details