The Churches of Britain and Ireland
|Higher Openshaw, Manchester, Greater Manchester
Congregational Church on Lees Street, also home to Gorton Seventh-day Adventist Church (link). The original church, built in 1880, was demolished in 1980. The congregation now uses the Sunday School, built in 1871. The entrance is through the red-roofed porch, at left. SJ 889 971. © Mike Berrell. Two interior views - 1, 2, both © Mike Berrell (2011). Link.
Salvation Army Hall on Fairfield Road. SJ 892 973. © Rob Brettle.
Wesleyan Methodist Church, on
Stanley Street. SJ 89214 97266. © Mike Berrell.
A few years ago this was the Stanley Street Centre, managed by Commitment in
Communities on behalf of the Methodist Church. But the church has since become The Apostles' Continuation Church International. It
has a second entrance on
Catherine Street. © Mike Berrell (2018).
21 June 2018
© Steve BulmanContact Details