The Churches of Britain and Ireland

  Grantham, Lincolnshire

Grantham on Wikipedia.


Former Chapel on Commercial Road, now a social club. SK 915 354. © Jim Parker. Can you identify it? Howard Richter has been studying old maps, and advises that this shows as a Primitive Methodist Chapel on the 1887 and the 1931 editions, and as "Commercial Road Methodist Church" on the 1965 version.

Christ Church on Castlegate, was formerly U.R.C., and it merged with the Methodist Church in 2008. Another view.

Christ Church on Finkin Street, formerly Wesleyan. This was Margaret Thatcher's home church. Sunday services now alternate between the two churches. All © Jim Parker.

Church of the Ascension (CoE) on Edinburgh Road. © Jim Parker.

Church of the Epiphany (CoE) on The Grove. © Jim Parker. Link.

Grantham Baptist Church on Wharf Road. © Jim Parker. Link.

Grantham Cemetery Chapel on Harrowby Road. © Jim Parker.

Grantham Christian Fellowship Community Church on Belton Avenue, also holds services of the Grantham Chinese Christian Church. © Jim Parker. Link.

Grantham Crematorium Chapel on Harrowby Road. Interior view. SK 923 356. Both © Mike Berrell (2015).

Grantham and District Hospital Chapel, on Manthorpe Road. Interior view. SK 914 368. Both © Mike Berrell (2015).

Harrowby Lane Methodist Church. Another view. Both © Jim Parker. Link.

Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses on Brewery Hill. © Jim Parker.

Former Primitive Methodist Chapel on Broad Street, now a scout hall. © Jim Parker.

St. Anne on Harrowby Road. Another view. Both © Jim Parker.

St. John the Evangelist on Station Road. Another view. Both © Jim Parker. Grade II listed.

St. Mary the Immaculate (R.C.) on North Parade. © Jim Parker. Grade II listed.

St. Wulfram on Church Street. From an old postcard franked 1905 or 1906, Steve Bulman's Collection. A modern view, © Graeme Harvey, and four © Jim Parker - 1, 2, 3, 4. The Crypt, from an old postcard in Steve Bulman's Collection. The altar, © Alan Blacklock (2010). A view in 2015, showing works on the spire, © Mike Berrell (2015). Previously in the Unknown section, this old postcard from Judy Flynn's Collection shows an interior. Identified as St. Wulfram by Janet Gimber, the proof is here - http://www.discoverstwulframs.org.uk/, choose the “Gallery” tab, click on “Victorian Restoration” - exactly the same image is in there. Link. Grade I listed.

Salvation Army Citadel on London Road. © Jim Parker.

Seventh-day Adventist Church on Dudley Road. © Jim Parker. Link.

 

 

 

 
 

Home

11 August 2016

© Steve Bulman

Contact Details