The Churches of Britain and Ireland
Churches at Oakenholt.
Caersalem Chapel (Calvinistic Methodist, 1836, re-built 1877) on Chapel Street. SJ 243 729. © Carl Hogan (2014).
Emaus Methodist Church (1880) on Holywell Road. The spire was removed in 2012 as an urgent repair. © Carl Hogan (2014).
The derelict English Presbyterian Church on Chester Street has been closed for many years. © Carl Hogan (2014).
River Dee Community Church (Assemblies of God, Pentecostal) on Castle Street was formerly the Old King's Head pub - a Victorian building, and converted into a church about twenty years ago. A short distance away stands River Dee Community Church Annex, though what it is used for, Carl doesn't know. Both © Carl Hogan (2014). Link.
The former St. Catherine (CiW) on Church Street was used as a church hall for some time after the church closure, but is currently up for sale. © Carl Hogan (2014).
St. John's with Bagillt U.R.C. on Church Street was, before the merger with Flint U.R.C., known as St. John's English Congregational Church. © Carl Hogan (2014).
The former Tabernacle Welsh Baptist Chapel (1880-1960) on Chapel Street, now in commercial use. SJ 419 729. © Carl Hogan (2014).
Immaculate Conception (R.C.) on Coleshill Street. © Carl Hogan (2014).
29 October 2015
© Steve Bulman