The Churches of Britain and Ireland
Filey, North Yorkshire
Primitive Methodist Connexion (1870). © Alan Blacklock. David Regan advises that this has been converted into flats.
St. John the Evangelist on West Avenue. Two additional views - 1, 2. TA 116 805. All © Howard Richter (2013). Link1. Link2 - "opened in 1873". Link3 - "opened in 1871", and that it replaced an iron church nearby, which dated from 1857.
Three views of the Salvation Army hall on Mitford Street - 1, 2, 3. This site explains that the present building dates from 1974, the previous building on the same site (Albert Hall) having been used by the SA for many years following the departure from the Albert Hall by the Plymouth Brethren, who had had it since the late C19. Photo 3 in this entry shows a whitewashed wall of obviously older brickwork incorporated into the 1970's building, possibly a relic of the Albert Hall. TA 117 809. All © Howard Richter (2013). Link1. Link2.
21 June 2018
© Steve BulmanContact Details