Dartford on Wikipedia.
Brent Methodist Church, and
the former Methodist Mission
Chapel (opened 1906). TQ 553 738. Both © Dave Westrap.
Chapel, in the Watling Street Cemetery. Built ca. 1913. TQ 558 735. ©
Dave Westrap. Link.
The now demolished
Cemetery Chapel in the
East Hill Cemetery. TQ 551 739. From an old postcard, franked in 1906.
now Amar Hall (secular). TQ 545 739. © Dave Westrap.
Christchurch (CoE). The present
building dates from 1963, but the parish was founded about 100 years ago. TQ
531 741. © Dave Westrap.
Dartford Methodist Church,
formerly the Wesleyan Church. © Dave Westrap. An old
postcard view from about
1906/7. The church was opened in 1845, and subsequently extended in 1869 and
1910. TQ 540 741. Link.
Emmanuel Pentecostal Church,
previously Primitive Methodist, which opened in 1874. TQ 548 738. © Dave
Westrap. Postcard from about
1908, when it was still PM.
Faithful Word Christian Fellowship at Hawley. ©
Guru Hargobind Sahib Gurdwara.
TQ 538 739. © Dave Westrap. Link.
Highfield Road Baptist Church.
TQ 538 740. © Dave Westrap. An
old postcard view
(from about 1908-9). The church opened in 1868.
Holy Trinity has its origin in
Saxon times, but now mostly dates from the 15th century, with later alterations.
Another view. TQ 544 740.
Both © Dave Westrap. An old
postcard view from 1904-5.
Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses. TQ 566 734. Dave has
advised that the church was re-built by November 2007, following its destruction
in an arson attack earlier that year. Here is a news story about the
fire. The re-built church in 2008. Both © Dave Westrap.
Redeemed Christian Church of God.
previously Fulwich Hall, and
originally a Free Evangelical Church. TQ 552 741. © Dave Westrap.
St. Alban (CoE), opened in
1902. TQ 549 741. © Dave Westrap.
St. Andrew (U.R.C.) dates
from 1961. The
former church (Dartford
Presbyterian Church), now serves as the church hall, and was opened in 1910. TQ 555 737. Both ©
St. Anselm (R.C.). TQ
533 742. Built in 1975 to succeed a church on another site (built in 1900).
There is a photo of the original church on link3. © Dave Westrap.
St. Edmund (CoE). TQ 549
750. © Dave Westrap. Link1.
St. Vincent (R.C.). A difficult
church to photograph, this photo is a composite. TQ 548 746. © Dave Westrap.
Salvation Army Citadel
(opened in 1912). TQ 541 742. © Dave Westrap.
Temple Hill Baptist Church.
TQ 552 750. © Dave Westrap.
U.R.C. and Congregational
Church (now Church Court, residences) opened as a Congregational Church in
1882. TQ 538 741. © Dave Westrap. This
old postcard shows the
building as it was in about 1905.
West Hill Hospital Chapel,
shortly after an arson attack. Redevelopment plans include future use as a
nursery. TQ 537 742. © Dave Westrap.
Zion Strict Baptist Chapel,
which was founded in 1794. TQ 538 741. © Dave Westrap.