The Churches of Britain and Ireland

 

Canton, Cardiff (City), Cardiff

Canton on Wikipedia.



The former Bethesda Primitive Methodist Chapel on Severn Road, now offices. Gerard Charmley.

Calvary Baptist Church. Gerard Charmley.

Canton Gospel Hall, formerly a Methodist Chapel (the congregation moved to the Conway Road Chapel (see below). Gerard Charmley.

The Chinese Church was previously a Baptist Chapel. Gerard Charmley.

The former Clive Road Forward Movement Hall, now workshops. Gerard Charmley.

Conway Road Methodist Chapel. Gerard Charmley. An old postcard view, from Robert Hellier's Collection.

All that remains as a reminder of the Memorial Hall (Forward Movement) are two inscribed slabs built into a wall. Gerard Charmley. Happily, Bruce Cunningham had an old slide of this building, which he has digitised and sent in. The 2 slabs shown in the first photo are visible in the second, to either side of the central doorway. Bruce Cunningham (1984).

Our Lady of the Angels (R.C.). Gerard Charmley.

St. Catherine (CiW). Gerard Charmley. Link.

St. John the Evangelist (CiW). Gerard Charmley.

St. Luke (CiW). Gerard Charmley.

Salem (Welsh Presbyterian). Gerard Charmley.

Salvation Army Canton Citadel. Gerard Charmley.

The former Severn Road Welsh Independent Church, now a Mosque. Gerard Charmley.

Trinity Uniting Church (U.R.C. and Baptist). Gerard Charmley. Link. It replaced (on the same site) the New Trinity English Independent Chapel (1894), which was demolished in 1997. Bruce Cunningham (1984).

Wesley Chapel (Methodist). Gerard Charmley.
 

 

 

 

 

 
 

Home

30 May 2016

Steve Bulman

Contact Details