The Churches of Britain and Ireland
Former chapel at Canholes, now in secular use. SK 041 720. © Mike Berrell (2010).
Chapels at Buxton Cemetery, on Ashbourne Road. SK 068 720. © Mike Berrell (2010).
Church in the Peak (Newfrontiers family of churches) used to meet at Buxton Community School on College Road. SK 054 727. © Mike Berrell (2010). By 2013 they had moved to the St. Thomas More School (R.C.) on Palace Road. SK 058 739. © Mike Berrell (2013). Link.
The Gospel Hall (Meeting Place of the Church of God in Buxton, 1896)) on Hardwick Square South. SK 061 733. © Mike Berrell. Two interior views - 1, 2, and the pulpit (not used), retained from the original denomination, all © Mike Berrell (2010). Link.
Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses on Darwin Avenue. SK 060 732. © Mike Berrell.
Former Methodist Chapel at Fairfield, which now serves as the St. Peter's Church Hall. SK 069 742. © Mike Berrell.
New Life Christian Centre on London Road, formerly Primitive Methodist Chapel. Also known as Buxton Community Church. SK 058 729. © Mike Berrell. Two interior views - 1, 2, both © Mike Berrell (2010). Link.
St. Peter on St. Peter's Road, Fairfield (1839). There was a previous church on the same site. SK 067 742. © Mike Berrell. Two interior views - 1, 2, and an attractive modern window, all © Mike Berrell (2010). Link. An illustration of the earlier church can be found on the same website's History page here.
Former Salvation Army Hall on Torr Street, now in industrial use. © Rob Brettle.
U.R.C. on Hardwick Square East. SK 061 734. © Mike Berrell. Interior view. © Mike Berrell (2010). The old church (demolished) was Congregational, and stood on Hardwick Terrace. Reproduced by kind permission of the congregation. Photo taken by Mike Berrell (2010). This window was moved from the old church. © Mike Berrell (2010).
02 September 2018
© Steve Bulman