The Churches of Britain and Ireland
upon Trent, Staffordshire
The former Baptist Church and Christian Centre on Station Street dates from 1957, and is currently (2014) for sale with planning permission to convert to retail units. SK 249 229. © Richard Roberts (2014).
Central Jamia Masjid Rizvia Mosque on Uxbridge Street. This is a former Board School, converted to a mosque in 1994. SK 241 222. © Richard Roberts (2014).
The former Christ Church (1844) on Moor Street and Uxbridge Street has been, since 1983, Elim Pentecostal Church. SK 244 227. © Richard Roberts (2014).
Jamia Hanfia Ghosia Mosque (built 2000) on Princess Street. SK 241 236. © Richard Roberts (2014).
New Baptist Church (Baptist Union) shares with the Salvation Army. On Derby Street at SK 243 237. © Richard Roberts (2014).
New Testament Church of God on Sydney Street. Built as Wesleyan Methodist in 1897. SK 248 246. © Richard Roberts (2014).
Riverside Church (The Burton Renewal Fellowship - Evangelical) on High Street. Built as Congregational in 1842 on the site of older non-conformist churches since 1664. SK 252 232. © Richard Roberts (2014). Grade II listed.
St. Thomas's Methodist Church on Belvedere Road, Outwoods, originally Primitive Methodist. Although it has an inscription saying "Centenery Church 1907", this refers to the 100th anniversary of the founding of the movement in 1807 at Mow Cop in Staffordshire; the church was built in 1902. SK 236 244. © Richard Roberts (2015).
The Kings Way Church (Assemblies of God) on Queen Street. Originally Queensbridge Methodist Chapel, it has been AoG since 1999. SK 242 222. © Richard Roberts (2014).
The former Trinity Methodist and United Reformed Church on George Street. Previously known as George Street Chapel, it was built in 1860, and originally had a pediment. Closed in 2011, it is being redeveloped for business use. SK 247 231. © Richard Roberts (2014). This news item has an interior photo.
Triumphant Church of God (Pentecostal) on South Uxbridge Street. Originally built as a chapel (1889) for a Methodist school, which closed in 1952. SK 239 219. © Richard Roberts (2014).
13 December 2015
© Steve Bulman