The Churches of Britain and Ireland
All photos © Jim Parker (2013).
The former Coupar Kirk was built as a Free Church in 1843. It lasted as a church only until 1861 when the congregation moved to the newly built and larger St. Andrew (see below), and survived in secular use until 1977 when it was destroyed by fire. The original church doorway survived, as does the tower, although it has been moved from its original position. Link.
The site of the former Lochies Catholic Church on Kinghorn Road. Now occupied by a house, the church was demolished in the 1970's. According to this source (which has a photo of the church), the low boundary wall remains from the time of the church.
The former St. Andrew (CoS) on St. Andrew's Court, built as a Free Church in 1861. Closed in 1977, the congregation joined with St. Columba, which church was re-named as Burntisland Parish Church (see above). St. Andrew was later converted for residential use. Another view. Link.
14 November 2015
© Steve Bulman