The Churches of Britain and Ireland
|Bilston, Wolverhampton, West Midlands
Bilston Baptist Church on Prouds Lane. Another view. Both © Dennis Harper (2011). Interior view. © Dennis Harper (2008). Another interior, the baptismal pool, and the unusual arrangement of the organ pipes, all © Dennis Harper (2017). Link.
Bilston Christian Spiritualist Church and Healing Centre on Broad Street. © John French.
Bilston Methodist Church on Bow Street (1970). The present building was preceded by Swan Bank Methodist Church (see below), and is now used as a church community centre. © John French. Next door stands the new Methodist Church. Another view. Both © Dennis Harper (2011). Interior view. © Dennis Harper (2007). Link.
Church of God of Prophecy on Bridge Street. Dennis advises that the church has planning permission to demolish and re-build. © Dennis Harper (2011).
Gurdwara Baba Wadbhag Singh Ji Temple on Mount Pleasant. © Dennis Harper (2011).
Stowlawn Church (Anglican and Methodist) on School Walk. © Dennis Harper (2011).
The long-demolished, and charmingly-named, Swan Bank Methodist Church, on Bow Street, with Manse to the left. The first chapel on the site was built in 1823, with extensions in 1840 and 1890, it was demolished in 1969. Interior view. Both from Dennis Harper's Collection. Link.
17 February 2018
© Steve Bulman