The Churches of Britain and Ireland

  Banbury, Oxfordshire

Banbury on Wikipedia.
 

Austin House (1834) on South Bar Street was originally built as a chapel of the Calvinistic Baptists, for which it served from 1834 to 1851. It has subsequently been used as offices, and is now a block of flats. SP 453 402. Steve Bulman. Grade II listed - link.

All that remains of Bridge Street Baptist Chapel is the portico. Gervase N. E. Charmley (2012).

Of Christchurch (CoE), all that survives is the church hall. Gervase N. E. Charmley (2012).

The former Congregational Chapel (1857) on South Bar Street. Another view. Both Gervase N. E. Charmley (2012). Gervase advises that it was built for the Rev. Joseph Parker, later famed for his ministry at the City Temple in London.

The Ebenezer Chapel stands very close to Austin House, on a side street. Steve Bulman.

Exclusive Brethren meeting-room. Gervase N. E. Charmley (2012).

Methodist Church at SP 455 404. Steve Bulman. Interior view, Gervase N. E. Charmley (2012), who advises that the interior was re-constructed in 1975.

People's Church, previously a Baptist Church, was built in 1965 on the site of Unitarian (and before that, Presbyterian) Meeting House. Gervase N. E. Charmley (2012).

St John the Evangelist (R.C.), SP 453 402. Steve Bulman.

St. Mary the Virgin (CoE and U.R.C.). SP 454 407. Steve Bulman. Interior view, Simon Edwards (2011). Link.

Salvation Army Citadel. Gervase N. E. Charmley (2012).

Southam Road Evangelical Church (Independent), on Southam Road and Cope Road. Another view. SP 453 409. Both Martin Richter (2011). Link.

A stone cross is all that remains of the former Unitarian Church. Gervase N. E. Charmley (2012).

The former Wesleyan Chapel (1812) on Church Lane, was sold to the Primitive Methodists in 1865. Gervase N. E. Charmley (2012).

 

 

 

 

 
 

Home

25 October 2015

Steve Bulman

Contact Details