The Churches of Britain and Ireland

  Anstruther, Fife

Anstruther on Wikipedia.
 

The former Anstruther Baptist Church on East Green. Another view. Planning permission exists for conversion into flats. Both Jim Parker.

The former Anstruther (West) Parish Church (CoS) on High Street, now used as the Anstruther Parish Church Hall. Jim Parker.

The former Chalmers Memorial Free Church on Chalmers Brae was built in 1891. Closed in 1983, it remained unused until destroyed in a fire in 1991. It was subsequently demolished. Jim Parker. Another view. Alex Parker. An old photo showing the church above the harbour. From an old photo in Jim Parker's Collection. A photo taken soon after the fire. Alex Parker. Two earlier Free Churches stood on the same site, one built in 1844, and another in 1858. This photo (from Alex Parker's Collection) is probably of the latter. Link.

The East Neuk Baptist Fellowship meet in Waid Academy Sports Hall, on St. Andrews Road. Jim Parker. Link.

The Fishermen's Memorial Chapel is in the Scottish Fisheries Museum (link). Janet Gimber (2014).

The former Independent Chapel on Crail Road has been a builders' store for more than 80 years. Jim Parker.

The Parish Church (CoS) on School Green, formerly named Anstruther (East) or St. Adrian. NO 566 107. Susan Sinclair. Another view. Jim Parker. Link.

The former United Presbyterian Church on Backdykes. After several changes of use, it is currently Fife County Councils Erskine Hall. Jim Parker.

Wester Church (CoS) on High Street. NO 564 035. Susan Sinclair. Two additional views - 1, 2, both Jim Parker (2014). Jim advises that this is now known as The Dreel Halls.


 

 
 

Home

14 November 2015

Steve Bulman

Contact Details